Diploma Design of Machine Elements CAT 1 Model Question paper
We have added Diploma Design of Machine Elements CAT 1 Model Question paper (N Scheme Pattern) for the second year Diploma Mechanical Engineering Students. You can download Diploma Design of Machine Elements CAT 1 Model Question paper as PDF
Join our Study Materials Group
CAT TEST 1 MODEL QUESTION PAPER
Design of Machine Elements
Department: Mechanical Engineering Year : III Semester : V
TEST PORTIONS: UNIT 1 & 2 Maximum Marks = 50
PART – A Answer any one question (1X5=5 marks)
1. What are the factors to be considered for the selection of materials for the design of machine elements
2. Sketch a woodruff key? Mention its applications.
PART – B Answer all questions (3X15=45 marks)
3. Design a sleeve and cotter joint to transmit a tensile load of 60kN. Assuming that all the parts are made of the same material. The permissible stresses are 60 N/m2 in tension, 125 N/m2 in bearing and 70 N/m2 in shear.
4. A mild steel shaft transmits 20KW at 200rpm; it carries a central load of 1000N and is simply supported between the bearings 2m apart. Determine the size of the shaft, if the allowable shear stress is 42MPa and the maximum tensile or compressive stress is not to exceed 56MPa.What size of the shaft is required if it is subjected to gradually applied load.
5. Design a protective type flange coupling to connect two shafts to transmit 7.5kW at 720rpm.The permissible shear stress for the shaft, bolts and key materials is 33 N/mm2 , permissible crushing strength for bolt and key material is 60 N/mm2 and permissible shear stress for cast –iron is 15 N/mm2