Diploma Thermal Engineering 1 CAT 1 Model Question paper
We have added Diploma Thermal Engineering 1 CAT 1 Model Question paper (N Scheme Pattern) for the second year Diploma Mechanical Engineering Students. You can download Diploma Thermal Engineering 1 CAT 1 Model Question paper as PDF
Join our Study Materials Group
CAT TEST 1 MODEL QUESTION PAPER
Thermal Engineering 1
Department: Mechanical Engineering Year : II Semester : III
TEST PORTIONS: UNIT 1 & 2 Maximum Marks = 50
Part – A (Three Marks, Answer all the questions) 5 x 3 = 15 Marks
- What is point function? Give an example.
- Define zeroth law of thermodynamics.
- Define specific heat capacity.
- Define air standard efficiency.
- What is counter flow heat exchanging system?
Part – B (Answer all the Questions, All Question carries Equal Marks) 35 Marks
- Explain first and second law of thermodynamics. (7 Marks)
- 0.5kg of air at a pressure of 1 bar occupies a volume of 0.4 m 3 if the air expands isothermally to a volume of 0.8 m 3 . Find (1) Initial temperature (2) External work done (3) Change in internal energy. Assume R = 0.29 kJ/kg.K. (7 Marks)
- 0.5 kg of air at 180oC expands adiabatically to 3 times its original volume. During the expansion, the temperature is decreased to 20oC. Work done during the expansion is 53 kNm. Find Cp , Cv and R (7 Marks)
- Find the power output of a Diesel engine working on an ideal Diesel cycle with compression ratio of 16 and air flow rate of 0.25 kg/s. The initial condition of air is 1 bar absolute pressure and 27oC temperature. Heat added per cycle is 2500 kJ/kg. Assume Cp = 1.0 kJ/kg. K; Cv = 0.714 kJ/kg. K. (14 Marks)
Diploma Thermal Engineering 1 CAT 1 Model Question paper PDF Download Link
Check More Question papers
- Diploma Mechanical Engineering Model Question papers N Scheme PDF Download
- Diploma Measurements and Metrology CAT 1 Model Question papers pdf Download
- Diploma Computer Integrated Manufacturing CAT 1 Model Question paper PDF Download
- Diploma Thermal Engineering 2 CAT 1 Model Question paper Download
- Diploma Thermal Engineering 1 CAT 1 Model Question paper Download