Diploma Thermal Engineering 2 CAT 1 Model Question paper
We have added Diploma Thermal Engineering 2 CAT 1 Model Question paper (N Scheme Pattern) for the second year Diploma Mechanical Engineering Students. You can download Diploma Thermal Engineering 2 CAT 1 Model Question paper as PDF
Join our Study Materials Group
CAT TEST 1 MODEL QUESTION PAPER
Thermal Engineering 2
Department: Mechanical Engineering Year : III Semester : V
TEST PORTIONS: UNIT 1 & 2 Maximum Marks = 50
Part – A (Three Marks, Answer all the questions) 5 x 3 = 15 Marks
- State the advantages of superheated steam.
- What do you mean by external work of evaporation?
- Define dryness fraction.
- List out the advantages of high pressure boilers.
- Mention the common external treatments given to boiler feed water?
Part – B (Answer all the Questions, All Question carries Equal Marks) 35 Marks
- Two boilers A and B discharge equal amounts of steam into same main. Both the boilers operate at a pressure of 14 bar absolute, which is also the pressure of steam in the main. The boiler A delivers steam at 300oC. For a temperature of 235oC in the main, estimate the quality of steam supplied by the boiler. Also determine the net increase or decrease of entropy.
Take Cp = 2.1 kJ/kgK for superheated steam. (14 Marks)
- Explain the method of finding dryness fraction of steam using separating and throttling calorimeter with a neat sketch. (14 Marks)
- Briefly explain the important clauses of Indian boiler act. (7 Marks)