Thermal and Automobile Engineering Important Questions
Dear faculty/ students
Here We attached the thermal and automobile engineering important questions for the unit 2 from Board Exam Question Bank
kindly share our links with your friends
study well, best wishes.
Subject : Thermal & Automobile Engineering Scheme : M
1. The highlighted Questions are asked more than two times in the Board Exam
- These Questions are collected from Board Examination Question Papers.
Unit – 2 I.C. Engines and its components
2/3 marks questions
- State the functions of piston rings
- What is the function of cam shaft?
- State the function of a flywheel.
- Compare wet liners with dry liners
- Define specific fuel consumption.
- Sketch the valve of an I.C. Engine and name its features.
- In a diesel engine, the s.f.c was obtained as 260 gm/kwhr. The calorific value of the fuel is 42,000 kj/kg. determine brake thermal efficiency.
- What is the purpose of using cylinder liners?
- How are the engines classified based on valves?
- Difference between petrol engine and diesel engine.
- Mention the material used for cylinder block and connecting rod.
10 mark questions
- Compare four stroke engines with two stroke engines ( 5 marks)
- Explain the working of overhead valve mechanism.
- A six cylinder four stroke engine has a bore to stroke ratio of 360:500 mm. During the trial the following results were obtained.
Mean area of indicated diagram = 0.00075 m2
Length of indicator diagram = 0.075m
Spring number = 70,000 kn/m2 per m of compression
Brake torque = 14 kn/m
Speed = 500 rpm
Fuel consumption = 240 kg/hr
Calculate (i) total indicated power developed
(ii) Brake power
(iii) mechanical efficiency
(iv) specific fuel consumption
- Explain the working of a four stroke cycle petrol engine with simple sketch.
- A 6 cylinder S.I. Engine works on 4 stroke cycle, the bore of each cylinder is 70 mm and the stroke is 100 mm. the clearance volume is 67 cc, at the speed of 3300 rpm, the fuel consumption is 18.5 kg/hr and the torque developed is 135 Nm. Calculate brake thermal efficiency if the calorific value of the fuel is 45,000 kj/kg. take ɣ = 1.4 for air.
- Explain the working of a four stroke cycle diesel engine with simple sketch.
- Draw a connecting rod and explain its salient features.
- The following readings were taken during the test of a single cylinder four stroke oil engine
Cylinder diameter = 250 mm
Stroke length = 400 mm
Mean effective pressure = 6.5 bar.
Engine speed = 250 rpm
Net load on brake drum = 1080 N
Effective dia of brake drum = 1.5m
Fuel used per hour = 10 kg
Calorific value of fuel = 44,300 kj/kg.
- Difference between four stroke and two four stroke engine
- Explain the important components of an I.C. Engine
- Explain the procedure for conducting Morse test.
Thermal and Automobile Engineering Important Questions, Diploma Thermal and Automobile Engineering Important Questions, Diploma Thermal and Automobile Engineering m scheme important questions
Join Diploma Exam Corner
|Telegram Channel||Click here|
|English Version||Click here|
|TNPSC Free test||Click here|
|Powered by Diploma Exam Corner|