Process Planning & Cost Estimation Important Questions
Dear faculty/ students
Here We attached the Process Planning & Cost Estimation Important Questions for the unit 2, from Board Exam Question Bank
kindly share our links with your friends
study well, best wishes.
Subject : Process Planning & Cost Estimation
UNIT – 2, Process Selection Scheme : M
NOTE : 1. The highlighted Questions are asked more than two times in the Board Exam
- These Questions are collected from Board Examination Question Papers.
2/3 marks Questions
- What is process selection?
- State the choice involved in process selection.
- What is meant by machine capacity?
- Explain the factors influencing choice of machinery.
- Mention the factors affecting the process selection.
- How will you determine the man power required?
- Define the term selection of material.
- Explain the method of determination of materials requirement with an example.
10 marks questions
- Explain in detail the process and equipment selection.
- A component can be produced either by an automatic lathe or three center lathes. Number of components made per year is 6,000 the cost data for the two machines are given below
|Automatic lathe||Center lathe|
|Initial investment||Rs 2,00,000||Rs. 50,000|
|Useful life||8 years||10 years|
|Motor power||15 HP||3 HP|
|Labour charges||Rs.20 per hour||Rs. 30 per hour|
|Time to produce 2000 pieces in each machines||3000 hrs||2900 hrs|
For both machines
Interest = 18%
Cost of power = Rs. 1.50 per unit
Taxes and insurance = 8%
Maintenance – annual = 7.5 %
Depreciation = 1% per year
Labour Over head = 25 % on labour
Which machine will you select?
- Construct suitable operation planning sheets for manufacture of spur gear having 24 teeth using a 2 module gear cutter. The spur gear is to be made for a total quantity of 1000 pieces. The material of the ear is medium carbon steel.
- A component can be produced on either a turret lathe or an automatic lathe. The different cost factors for the two machines are given below
For turret lathe,
Fixed cost = Rs 400
Variable cost = Rs. 2 per piece
For Automatic lathe,
Fixed Cost = Rs. 1600
Variable cost = Rs. 0.50 per piece
Assume that the cycle time for production is same for both machines, which machine will you select for producing (i) 900 components (ii) 700 components. Also determine the break even quantity.
- What is process selection? Explain the following in process selection
(i) Technological choice
(ii) Specific component choice and
(iii) Process flow choice
- A semi automatic turret lathe costs Rs. 80,000 and it produces 16 pieces per hour and its operator receive Rs 2 per hour. An engine lathe which cost Rs. 32,000 10 Pieces Per hour and its operator receives Rs. 2.50 per hour. Calculate the minimum number of pieces which makes turret lathe more economical.
- A component can be produced on either a capstan lathe or an automatic lathe the different cost factor for the two machines are given below
|For capstan lathe||Rs.||For Automatic Lathe||Rs.|
|Fixed Cost||Rs. 400||Fixed Cost||Rs. 1,600|
|Variable Cost||Rs. 2 per piece||Variable Cost||Rs. 0.50 per piece|
Assume that the cycle time for production of the component is same for both machines. Which machine will you select for producing (i) 900 components (ii) 700 components
What is the break even quantity?
- How will you prepare an operation planning sheet for a given components.
Process Planning & Cost Estimation Important Questions, Process Planning & Cost Estimation Important Questions for diploma, Process Planning & Cost Estimation Important Questions diploma m scheme,
Join Diploma Exam Corner
|Telegram Channel||Click here|
|English Version||Click here|
|TNPSC Free test||Click here|
|Powered by Diploma Exam Corner|