Diploma Manufacturing Technology 1 Important 3 Marks
Unit 1 Casting Processes
- Define Pattern
- Mention the different pattern materials used for making patterns?
- What are the factors considered for selecting pattern materials?
- List out the different types of pattern.
- What is pattern allowances?
- What are the types of pattern allowances?
- What is a core print?
- Mention the properties of moulding sand.
- What is the purpose of Squeezing machines?
- What is the purpose of Jolting Machine?
- List out the types of moulding.
- What is core?
- What are the types of core?
- Explain Co2 Process of core making?
- What is the purpose of core boxes?
- Define Casting.
- What is Pressure die casting?
- What is the use of Gravity die casting?
- Explain Chilled Casting
- What is continuous casting?
- List out the furnaces required to melt non ferrous metals
- What are the types of arc furnaces?
- Explain Optical Pyrometer.
- Explain the working of thermo electric pyrometer
- What are the methods involving in cleaning of casting?
- Explain tumbling and trimming
- What is sand blasting?
- List out the defects in casting.
Unit 2 Joining Process Chapter 2.1 Arc Welding
- Define Welding
- Write short notes on MIG & TIG
- What is Plasma?
- Give short notes on Plasma Arc Welding
- Explain Electro Slag welding?
Chapter 2.2 Gas Welding
- Define Gas welding
- Draw Gas welding equipment
- Mention the three types of flames.
- Write a note on Carburizing and Oxidizing flame.
- What is Reducing Flame?
- What is thermit mixture?
- Explain Thermit welding
- Write a note on resistance Welding
- Explain soldering
- Write short notes on Brazing
- Explain Spot welding
- What is Solid State Welding?
- What is Explosive Cladding?
- Mention the types of Welded Joints.
- Classify the types of Non Destructive Tests
- Explain about Magnetic Particle test
- Mention few defects in Welding
Unit – 3 BULK DEFORMATION PROCESSES AND HEAT TREATMENT
Chapter 3.1 Forming
- What is Hot working?
- What is Cold working?
- Mention the types of hot working process.
- Define Upset forging.
- What is rolling?
- Mention the different types of press.
- What are the types of Bending operations
- Explain Lancing
- Define Notching
- What is angle bending
- What is Piercing?
- Explain Blanking.
Chapter 3.2 Heat Treatment
- Explain Heat treatment Process
- Define process annealing
- What is stress relief annealing
- Define spherodising annealing
- What is isothermal annealing?
- Explain normalizing.
- What is hardening?
- Write short notes on tempering
- What is case hardening ?
- What is cyaniding?
- Define nitriding Process
- What is induction hardening?
- What is flame hardening?
Unit 4 MANUFACTURING OF PLASTIC COMPONENTS AND POWDER
Chapter 4.1 Plastic Components
- Mention the types of Plastics
- Explain thermosets.
- What is Elastomers?
- what is liquid crystal polymers?
- Define polymers.
Chapter: 4.2: Processing of Plastics
- Write a note on Extrusion.
- What are the general features of single screw extrusion?
- List out the types of Injection moulding.
- Write a note on Plunger type Moulding Machine
- What is sandwich moulding?
- Explain Gas injection moulding
- Write a note on rotational Moulding
Chapter: 4.3: Powder Metallurgy
- Mention the Methods of manufacturing metal powders
- Define atomization.
- What is Electrolysis deposition?
- Explain Sintering
- What is infiltration?
- Write short notes on Sizing and compacting.
Unit – 5 CENTRE LATHE AND SPECIAL PURPOSE LATHES
Chapter: 5.1: Centre Lathe
- What is center lathe?
- Mention few parts in lathe.
- What is lead screw?
- What is apron mechanism?
- Explain automatic feed.
- Mention the types of working holding devices.
- What is face plate?
- What is catch plate?
- Mention few operations in lathe
- What is feed?
- What is boring?
- What is feed and depth of cut?